The Philanthropy/Grants Coordinator is supervised jointly by the Wing Commander and Director of Finance by advising the volunteers involved in each fundraising project and serves as the principal fundraising officer and grants manager for Washington Wing. He or she is responsible for the oversight, planning and implementation of a comprehensive fundraising program that secures the significant financial resources from individuals, foundations, corporations and others to support CAP’s Strategic Plan. He or she manages all major gifts functions, which include principal gifts, planned giving, donor prospecting and research, and special one- or multi-year fundraising campaigns. He or she works with Wing Staff and Unit Commanders to establish fundraising goals. He or she manages and establishes fundraising goals and motivates and coordinates the efforts of wing units with the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors. The Philanthropy/Grants Coordinator also manages communications and marketing and supervises an effective volunteer program. He or she manages a portfolio and guides and supports the Wing in its fundraising work, with focuses on long-range strategic plan priorities, seeking to raise multi-year commitments when possible and communicates a broad vision to others. The Philanthropy/Grants Coordinator understands and complies with all gift-related policies and procedures and ensures ethical compliance, as defined by CAPR 173-4.
- Coordinates and implements fundraising opportunities and events for wing units.
- Implements, tracks, and follows up on annual, sponsorships, planned giving, other giving campaigns, and other department initiatives.
- Makes calls and schedules visits with potential and current donors to nurture their interest in Civil Air Patrol.
- Coordinates the timely dispatch of acknowledgement letters for financial and in-kind donations.
- Oversees gift acceptance.
- Coordinates monthly reporting and financial recording with the Finance Department for board reports and audits.
- Researches and writes grants; provides timely reporting and ensure compliance as required with grant awards.
- Coordinates data base use and management for donor records and acknowledgements.
- Keeps master calendar for development work and manages adherence to its tasks and timelines.
- Creates, maintains, and applies best practices and policies for online and print communications.
The Philanthropy/Grants Coordinator should be thoroughly familiar with CAPR 173-4 (the CAP Fundraising/Donations Program) and other internal and external publications relating to fundraising activities.
At the time you are assigned to this position you must:
- Have completed Basic Cadet Protection Training
- Possess enthusiasm for CAP
THIS POSITION IS OPEN TO ANY QUALIFIED CAP MEMBER AND IS NOT LIMITED TO MEMBERS OF THE WING STAFF.