The Development Intern supports Citizens Union's development, communication and marketing functions.
- Assist with stewardship and fundraising mailings and mass email communications (MailChimp)
- Help with our major fundraising events.
- Work on the membership database (Raiser's Edge) and keep records updated.
- Provide logistical and administrative support for major donor and policy and advocacy events. Our previous major donor events include speakers such as former NYC Police Commissioner Brill Bratton, Comptroller Scott Stringer, and Mayor Bill de Blasio.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing, and build and maintain relationships.
- Good technical understanding and ability or willing to learn the use of Raiser's Edge.
- Computer proficiency is important.
- Creative research skills.
- Ability to take initiative.
- Interest in politics, policy, and civic life is preferred.
- Even temperament and good sense of humor a bonus!
Length of internship is 3 months with possible extension. We prefer a minimum of the equivalent of 2 full days per week during normal business hours and we can work with your academic institution regarding receiving credit. We do not offer paid internships; however, we provide a travel stipend.