Bloomberg Philanthropies works to create catalytic change across five areas of focus: arts and culture, education, the environment, government innovation, and public health. Our mission is to ensure better, longer lives for the greatest number of people. Our approach is rooted in Mike Bloomberg's unique experience and success across the field of business, government, and philanthropy.
Our Data and Reporting team is seeking a confident Database Administrator to enhance and maintain our critical Salesforce platform.
In this role you will be supporting all Bloomberg Philanthropies programs, initiatives, events and projects by upholding a standardized method of storing data and to provide this information accurately, comprehensively, and as frequently as requested.
We will rely on you to ensure the integrity of the database and make the data accessible through easy to understand reports. You will provide ongoing support for data migration and be required to spot gaps and make suggestions for process improvements. You'll partner closely with teammates and engineers for ongoing maintenance, requirements gathering, configuration, consulting and implementation of new features, and analyzing large sets of data to ensure quality.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Hands on configuration of all new and existing features including user management, security, and other 3rd party applications
- Supporting requests and escalated administrative needs of users by providing timely and complete resolution to technical challenges and business support issues
- Partnering with internal stakeholders to proactively identify, drive, and build improvements, enhancements, and system customization that solve critical relationship and programmatic needs
- Identifying and remediating data pattern outliers and duplicates using bulk data management and ETL tools
- Developing reports and dashboards for our senior leaders
You'll need to have:
- At least 5 years of progressive professional experience in reporting and data management; with a minimum of 3 years of experience in Salesforce administration - ideally in a non-profit organization
- Solid grasp of SOQL, relational databases, Microsoft Excel, and AGILE methodologies
- Experience handling, manipulating, processing and verifying large sets of data with accuracy and integrity
- Good project management skills for executing short term projects and reporting requests
- Proven history of solving complex data problems with a sharp eye for detail
- Curiosity and a passion for learning and applying knowledge
- Superb interpersonal skills with a comfort working across diverse teams and handling senior leaders
- An ability to handle your time efficiently and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Flexible, open, positive, and collaborative personality
We'd love to see:
- Knowledge of other platforms like Ungerboeck, Fluxx, Raiser's Edge and Tableau
- Holding a salesforce.com admin certification is a plus.
Bloomberg Philanthropies is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Compensation will be commensurate with experience and accomplishment.