Kiva (kiva.org) is an international nonprofit with a mission to expand financial access to help underserved communities thrive. We run a global marketplace platform to crowdfund microloans for financially excluded entrepreneurs, farmers and students around the world. Our organization combines the culture and technological passion of an internet start-up with the compassion and empathy of a non-profit to create impact and opportunity at global scale. In 15 years, we have raised more than $1.2 billion in loan capital for 2.7 million borrowers in over 80 countries on the kiva.org platform. In 2019, Kiva launched Kiva Capital, our asset management subsidiary that manages impact-first return bearing vehicles for the world's leading impact investors. With offices in San Francisco, Portland, New York, Nairobi, and Bangkok, Kiva's team includes 100+ employees and 400+ volunteers worldwide. Our team is growing as we pursue exciting new opportunities to create a financially inclusive world. We are looking for a talented and highly motivated Knowledge and Process Manager to join our team working across kiva.org and Kiva Capital.
Kiva works with community and corporate partners to grow and deepen the impact generated through our US lending model. As a Partner Success Manager at Kiva US, you'll work as part of a small, growing, geographically distributed team to 1) own day-to-day management and operations of our US Partnerships, 2) develop long term strategies, and 3) increase Kiva's impact via our Partners. This role's success lies in enabling partners to grow the number of entrepreneurs they support year over year. You will report to the Senior Manager of Kiva US and work with the Kiva US Operations team, Business Development team, and inter-departmental collaborators.
This role is for someone who is incredibly organized, with an inquisitive mind, who feels comfortable working closely with partners to build thoughtful relationships. A typical day might include answering partner questions about how to support an individual applicant or how to source more applicants, monitoring partner performance through key metrics, finding and building operational efficiencies to deliver faster, higher quality experiences, improving training materials and content, and ensuring our US partners have the best experience possible all while scaling their impact. This role is for a detail-oriented, analytical thinker, who has a passion for relationship building, facilitating quality client experiences, and working across teams to tackle cross-functional and impactful problems.
Hubs Program Management
- Manage and support a growing portfolio of 'Capital Access Managers' (CAM) responsible for running Kiva lending within a local community
- Onboard, train and provide coaching to CAMs to launch and grow community-based lending programs
- Triage and support CAMs' questions and requests as they utilize our systems
- Establish cross-functional relationships with internal teams at Kiva to steward relationships and improve infrastructural components to the Hubs experience.
- Track and monitor key indicators the performance of of the Hubs program, react to data, providing interventions and solutions when needed
- Design resources to support the onboarding and ongoing support of Kiva US Partnerships
Partnership Programs Operations
- Develop internal processes and external tools for supporting Trustees, referral partners and loan matching partners
- Regularly work with the Kiva US Operations staff to communicate policy and programmatic changes to Hubs partners and improve existing systems.
- Build, maintain and share reports in Looker and Salesforce CRM systems.
- Track key metrics and develop partnerships to perform against loan supply, risk of the portfolio of loans, and impact targets.
- Set up and oversee the impact reporting process
- 5+ years of relevant experience (program management, business development, customer success, technical support or similar)
- Growth mind-set - Strive to onboard more successful partners, grow their efficiencies in sourcing and supporting more borrowers
- Deep comfort with learning, troubleshooting, and improving systems
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to capture detailed processes and communicate in an accessible manner to a range of audiences
- Ability to successfully juggle multiple projects, priorities and relationships
- Process-oriented, Data driven, Penchant for documenting key decisions
- Independent, proactive. Ability to work autonomously but doesn't shy away from asking for help from a geographically distributed team.
- Flexible, comfortable with change and ambiguity
- Familiarity with the US economic development at the macro or community level, experience with entrepreneurship and entrepreneurship ecosystems preferred
What we offer:
- An opportunity to improve real lives, solve hard problems, and change the world
- Friendly, supportive, and adventurous environment with a team of engaged colleagues
- A comprehensive, industry-leading benefits package
- Opportunities to connect with and learn from colleagues and partners around the world
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of Kiva's culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!
We will only accept applications directly from candidates. Kiva will not be responsible for any recruiting agency fees, absent a formal agreement.