***This is a remote position which will be permanently "work from home" and can be home based anywhere in the U.S.***
Save lives. Fulfill yours.
At the American Cancer Society, we're leading the fight for a world without cancer. Our employees and 1.5 million volunteers are raising the bar every single day. We actively seek candidates from diverse backgrounds including communities of color, the LGBTQ community, veterans, and people with disabilities. The greater the diversity of our people, the better we can serve our communities.
The people who work at the American Cancer Society focus their diverse talents on our lifesaving mission. It is a calling. And the people who answer it are fulfilled.
The Senior Social Media Manager, Revenue & Engagement will be responsible for developing and executing social media campaigns that deepen engagement with our Masterbrand and core product portfolio and drive revenue growth. Key brands include Relay for Life and Making Strides Against Breast Cancer. Ultimately, he/she is responsible for identifying ACS social fundraising strategy and have clear revenue and brand engagement KPIs. He/She will collaborate with internal stakeholders and agency partners to research, plan, and measure success and optimize performance
This person is a strategic thinker, focused on innovation and new trends to ensure ACS is at the forefront of social media but also can tactically execute and ensure success of our campaigns.
Social Strategy & Execution
- Develops and activates social media plans for key ACS product portfolio including Relay For Life and Making Strides Against Breast Cancer as well as other core products across key social channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc.) to increase engagement with existing audiences and recruit new volunteers.
- Collaborates w/ digital marketing team on development & implementation of user journeys across social channels.
- In conjunction with social content team and internal/external agencies, ensures Peer to Peer and fundraising challenges execute appropriate content across all owned, earned and media channels.
- Collaborate with Senior Social & Community Manager to provide recommendations for real-time and social care.
- Ensures our social creative campaigns build brand affinity while also driving appropriate calls to action.
- Manages relationships with social fundraising partners to grow revenue and build brand affinity.
- Collaborates with Social Brand Director to grow our followings on key channels and implement 1:1 relationship cultivation strategy across emerging digital fundraising products.
- Explores fundraising universe to find new engagement and revenue driving social programs
- Deeply understands and socializes best practices with Facebook Fundraising and emerging social revenue platforms.
- Manages day-to-day relationship with external agencies and leads strategy, implementation, and optimization for virtual challenges, messenger coaching, and new programs in development.
- Forecasts and manages budget related to paid media and tools for digital fundraising initiatives.
- Leads training of ACS regional staff on social media best practices related to revenue and engagement campaigns. Leads our agency and/or internal design team to deliver engaging content through effective briefing and feedback
- Defines KPIs and works to optimize performance with focus on engagement, # of participants and revenue.
- Collaborate with field staff to align their tactics align with strategies from GHQ and deliver content for localization.
- Keeps pulse on industry trends and best practices to identify new engagement and revenue streams for ACS.
- Manages Social Media Specialist.
5-7+ years’ experience with digital communication focus.
Demonstrates Marketing Competencies:
- Manages ambiguity - Operates effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear.
- Collaborates - Builds partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Customer focus - Builds strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Cultivates innovation - Creates new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
- Plans and aligns - Plans and prioritizes work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Drives results - Consistently achieves results, even under tough circumstances.
- Builds effective teams - Builds strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Drives vision and purpose - Paints a compelling picture of the vision and strategy that motivates others to action.
The compensation range established for this position begins at a minimum of $61,100 annually. *This rate is specific to Colorado. * Actual starting pay may differ based on non-discriminatory factors including, but not limited to, geographic location, experience, skills, specialty, and education.
ACS provides staff a generous paid time off policy; medical, dental, retirement benefits, wellness programs, and professional development programs to enhance staff skills. Further details on our benefits can be found on our careers site at: jobs.cancer.org/benefits. We are a proud equal opportunity employer.