Are you ready to join an organization where you can be a relentless force for a world of longer, healthier lives?
Envision all Americans enjoying ideal cardiovascular health free of heart disease and stroke. At the American Heart Association and American Stroke Association, we get to work toward that goal every single day. Is it easy? No. Is it worthwhile? you bet!
This is satisfying work that makes a real difference in people's lives. You can achieve professional growth with personal fulfillment. You will connect with people and make a lifesaving impact. You will partner with individuals, schools, lawmakers, healthcare providers and others to ensure everyone has access to healthier lifestyle choices and proper healthcare.
Due to the current pandemic, daily travel is minimal and voluntary to ensure the health and safety of staff. There is no overnight travel currently. In the future, this position may resume daily and/or overnight travel. All AHA offices are closed and staff are currently working from home. In the future, this position will resume to being based in the local office.
The American Heart Association has an excellent opportunity for a Digital Marketing Manager, Entertainment & Influencers based out of our National Center office located in Dallas, TX! This position can be remote/home based.
This individual will be responsible for leading the Association’s digital influencer strategy, and associated marketing and communications development, planning, consultation and execution on behalf of the Association’s Entertainment and Influencer Marketing team. Responsible for identifying, establishing, and building relationships with digital influencers to carry and amplify the Association’s mission and campaign messages.
Plans and executes 4-10 campaigns concurrently ensuring deadlines, quality content and deliverables are completed and meet objectives. Acts as liaison to agency of record for assigned campaigns between internal staff and external influencers. Plans and implements full campaign lifecycle. Leads the execution and negotiation of influencer contracts with a strong knowledge of standard deal points and Federal Trade Commission (FTC) Guidelines.
- Leads AHA’s Digital Influencer specialty within the Entertainment & Influencer Marketing practice by directing and shaping operational plans with a focus on scaling current strategy, ensuring practices and activities remain current and reflective of the marketplace, and finding process improvements and efficiencies. Serves as subject matter expert for internal teams by keeping abreast of emerging technologies, trends, and influencers.
- Identifies, curates, and cultivates on-going, association-wide relationships with key digital influencers (macro and micro) to drive AHA relevancy as a derivative of established strategy. Drives Digital Influencer Task Force for Regional Social Media leads leveraging and maximizing existing relationships. Develop and strengthen established digital influencer relationships among the Association’s regions and consolidate reach and engagement for Association-wide priorities. Collaborate with internal teams across all disciplines to identify project opportunities
- Supports Entertainment and Influencer Marketing vetting processes, especially vetting of digital influencers working with the Association. Conduct research, identify potential influencers, and vet candidates against Association’s criteria utilizing existing databases and/or agency partners.
- Tracks and reports core KPIs of Association-wide digital influencer strategy, and associated campaigns, compiles metrics into reports and presentations showcasing progress.
- Manages talent and entertainment projects, as assigned, and supports other specialties within Entertainment practice
Want to help get your resume to the top? We are looking for your expertise in the following areas.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Five (5) – Eight (8) years of relevant experience
- Experience in developing and executing marketing and media campaigns
- Experience in social media communication platforms and analysis of engagement strategies
- Experience in establishing digital influencer strategy and execution including experience in talent management and understanding of SAG rules
- Experience with paid social media in support of influencer campaigns
- Proven ability to identify relevant influencers and conduct effective outreach that result in authentic storytelling
- Ability to develop and set successful strategies, garnering senior leader buy-in, strategies that deliver on project goals
- Proven ability to professionally and effectively present to and communicate campaigns and strategies to internal teams and external sponsors.
- Understands influencer search tools and platforms to assess the effectiveness of an influencer
- Proven ability to shepherd the development of legal contracts with influencers
- Strong project management skills and thrives in a fast-paced environment seamlessly managing multiple projects and project deadlines with the ability to pivot and problem-solve.
- Ability to be a team player as well as be comfortable and motivated working in a collaborative environment with an ability to build relationships with key stakeholders.
- Ability to think creatively on your feet and take initiative to improve or create effective processes
- A can-do attitude when faced with challenges and a commitment to always doing what is necessary to get the job done.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communications skills
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Ability to travel up to 50% local and overnight stay
- Agency experience in digital influencer marketing is strongly preferred
- Knowledge of, or experience in, public health or non-profit services a plus
- Background in entertainment talent and/or digital influencer management
At American Heart Association | American Stroke Association, diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity applies to both our workforce and the communities we serve as it relates to heart health and stroke prevention.
This position not a match with your skills? Click here to see other opportunities.
Be sure to follow us on Twitter #TheAHALife