Shoreline Foundation, Inc. is a midsize Marine Construction Contractor. We are seeking a Construction Superintendent with experience in pile driving of sheet piling and precast piles with the familiarity of working on barges to coordinate the activities of Shoreline Foundation, subcontractors and suppliers into an effective entity. The Superintendent must be thoroughly familiar with the job philosophy and the business (budget, purchasing, reporting, etc.) for the project. They must establish and maintain a sense of momentum throughout all phases of the project. Although, they are not responsible for the aspects of the basic design, they must be familiar with the fundamental functioning of the facilities to be constructed. They must recognize any technical limitations of Shoreline Foundation or subcontractors, which would indicate the necessity to call for assistance by specialists.
- Establish the basis for project execution in coordination with the Project Manager and the SFI General Superintendent.
- Interpret the job specification requirements to the company, subcontractors and vendors.
- Appraise the contractor’s performance and obtain corrective action where needed.
- Coordinate the work with other contractors, where the company does part of the work and coordinates his efforts with those of the subcontractors.
- Represent the company’s interest in all aspects of project execution.
- Make certain administrative and business decisions in the name of the company.
- Take action to assure successful startup, construction and completion of the project at optimum cost and schedule.
- Keep the Senior Project Manager, Project Manager, and higher company officers informed.
- Ultimately responsible for the overall performance of the project construction (i.e. performance, quality, schedule and safety) and crew activities.
- Receive and review the project budget provided by Project Manager.
- Implement and maintain the project schedule.
- Help prepare and review all project submittals.
- Attend all owner meetings as needed, and maintain good working relationship with the owners.
- Help maintain project records, including all correspondence, and reports (safety, daily and QA/QC), delivery tickets, time cards, etc.
- Maintain materials and suppliers by developing procedures for receiving and storing materials and supplies. Establishing delivery schedules and expediting orders.
- Assist Project Manager to generate all requests for information (RFI) and maintain RFI log that tracks the date submitted, required return date and answers.
- Coordinate all owners approved change orders with the Project Manager, General Superintendent and field personnel.
- Track all owner approved change orders.
- Insure the highest quality of workmanship maintained at all times.
- Assist Project Manager to review quantity and accuracy for Project invoices and obtain owner approvals for payment.
- Maintain project as-builts.
- Responsible for maintenance of onsite construction equipment and coordinate with SFI maintenance team for any equipment repairs.
- Maintain and submit all SFI required daily reports.
- Review and fully understand all contract documents.
- Knowledgeable on all the project specifications.
- Responsible for all procedural aspects on the project encompassing materials, labor and subcontractors to complete all scopes of work.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Based on experience
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Construction Experience: 5 years (Preferred)
- Marine Construction: 2 years (Preferred)
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: One location