Head of Philanthropy
Salary : $100,000 - $120,000 a year
Job Type : Full-time
Number of hires for this role : 1
Full Job Description
Position Title: Head of Philanthropy
Classification: Non-Exempt, full time
Reports To: President/CEO
Direct Reports: None
Location: Senior Director of Donor Experience, Major Gifts Officer, Grant Writer
Established in 2006, Hope For The Warriors® (HOPE) is a civilian, 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. The mission of Hope For The Warriors® is to restore the quality of life for post-9/11 service members, their families, and families of the fallen who have sustained physical and psychological wounds in the line of duty. Hope For The Warriors® is dedicated to restoring a sense of self, restoring the family unit, and restoring hope for our service members and our military families.
Hope For The Warriors® understands the challenges, pride, and joy of being a military family. For today, tomorrow, and years to come, we will strive to meet the changing needs of service members and their families. Additionally, we value community. Through our grassroots philosophy of interacting with the communities Veterans live and work in, we establish and nurture the relationships that have become the foundation of our support.
Provide executive level leadership over an $8-10M revenue budget by developing and executing an annual fundraising plan that includes all giving segments. A successful execution will rely on support from both staff and board. The Head of Philanthropy/Development will develop and motivate through authentic and positive communication, thoughtful actions, and meaningful connections with staff, HOPE peers, donors, and other key stakeholders to build a stellar development team with a priority of creatively envisioning innovative ways to engage and grow our current and potential donor base. This position requires an adherence to the highest standard of fundraising ethics and best practices.
- Establish and implement diverse fundraising strategies and infrastructure that includes individual fundraising, major gifts solicitation, differentiating corporate engagement, donor events, planned-giving, and grant seeking from both government agencies and private foundations.Lead, cultivate, motivate, and mentor the Development team of 5-10 people to grow to an approximate $10M budget.Actively participate in strategic and annual planning to ensure effective integration of development goals and plans into the overall organization's evolving needs and 3-5 year strategic plan.
- Solicit and cultivate new corporate partnerships while maintaining a portfolio across all giving segments with a primary focus of $50K+.
- Work closely with the Head of Strategic Communications to create strong development-focused messaging including but not limited to advertising, events, and the annual appeal campaign and other special campaigns as necessary.
- Work closely with the Head of Warrior and Family Experience and the Head of Well-being Programs and Services to ensure fundraising aligns with programmatic goals and growth.
- Support the CEO in managing the Board of Directors' fundraising efforts and donor stewardship.
- Support and partner with the CEO, CIO, CFO, and Heads on all major fundraising initiatives.
- Serve as an external spokesperson at community events.
- Foster and model professional excellence to all internal and external stakeholders.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 10 consecutive years of experience in fundraising with at least 5+ years in a management position in a non-profit environment.
- Bachelor's degree required; Master’s Degree preferred. CFRE a plus.
- Proven experience in attracting, stewarding, retaining a portfolio of corporate, foundation, and major gifts.
- Track record in maximizing revenue from high-end and community fundraising events.
- Must have strong external relationship and presentation skills.
- Must have strong interpersonal relations skills, and excellent oral and written communications skills, with the ability to work well with individuals across all organizational levels.
- Represent the organization in a mature, professional manner.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Understanding of military practices and culture.
- Experience with Salesforce or equivalent donor database, iWave (or equivalent wealth screening), Classy, AI platforms preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and database applications required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The qualified employee will work in an office setting, and virtually interact with staff, consultants, and outside vendors, therefore he/she may be subjected to interruptions throughout the workday. The position will require some flexible hours, as deadlines require.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The position requires the ability to sit for sustained periods of time, travel and drive. The vision requirement includes close vision. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 30 pounds.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $100,000.00 - $120,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
Schedule: 8 hour shift
Work Location: Remote