Sights for Hope – the organization that transforms lives of people with visual impairments in Pennsylvania's Lehigh Valley and Monroe County by empowering them to thrive independently – seeks a dynamic, team-first professional to become its Director of Advancement. This is one of the organization’s senior leadership positions and it reports to its Executive Director and CEO. While the position's primary office is at Sights for Hope's Lehigh Valley Services Center in Allentown, PA, the Director of Advancement also will be encouraged to engage with colleagues and clients at its Monroe Services Center in Stroudsburg, PA. Appropriate remote work arrangements also are available.
About the Position
The Director of Advancement's responsibilities are to define and lead Sights for Hope's fundraising and marketing efforts so that it secures the necessary financial resources for its operations, to expand awareness of its value proposition, and to promote and maintain a positive reputation for it throughout its service area. The Director of Advancement will work most closely with the organization's CEO, Associate Director/Director of Services, contract Finance Manager, Operations Manager, and Board of Directors.
About the Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate will demonstrate as appropriate qualities of leadership, collaboration, and support. They will demonstrate skillful personal interactions with all constituents, including colleagues. They will reflect the ethos of the Sights for Hope team – to take what we do seriously but not take ourselves too seriously.
- Establish and implement Sights for Hope’s annual advancement plan, annual advancement budget, and all related project and event budgets.
- Expand and grow Sights for Hope's Community Partner program and generate additional sources of unrestricted revenue.
- Extend and carry out prospect identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation, recognition, moves management, and stewardship related to contributions from individuals.
- Organize and execute the creation of grant requests and reports in accordance with deadlines identified by relevant corporations, foundations, and regional United Way organizations.
- Explore and identify additional relevant grant opportunities for which the Sights for Hope would be a viable applicant.
- Develop and lead the successful implementation of Sights for Hope's portfolio of community and fundraising events, including its Songs4Sight concert event and its Trunk or Treat Halloween event for families.
- Assist and help inform efforts of the Executive Director and CEO to apply for and execute government contracts.
- Execute and ensure the implementation and consistent representation of the Sights for Hope's branding by all organizational personnel and contract partners.
- Develop, enact, and supervise Sights for Hope's promotions and communications – including those delivered through all appropriate platforms – in order to increase interaction with constituents and awareness of the organization’s mission, impact, and value.
- Implement an effective brand that advances awareness of Sights for Hope, its breadth of services, and its value for everyone in its service area.
- Attend agency board meetings, committee meetings, and endowment board meetings as applicable.
- Manage the Advancement Committee of Sights for Hope's Board of Directors, which is comprised of board members and community leaders.
- Assure proper maintenance of fundraising records and timely acknowledgement of all donors and gifts.
- Coordinate requests for public speeches and appearances at community events by Sights for Hope representative and represent the organization at events as is necessary.
- Perform additional duties assigned by the Executive Director and CEO.
- A bachelor's or master’s degree from an accredited college or university in a suitably-related discipline.
- At least three (3) years of full-time professional experience in either fundraising marketing, communications, public relations, or resource development.
- Experience in the nonprofit sector is strongly preferred.
- Solid skills with DonorPerfect software is strongly preferred.
- Ability to represent Sights for Hope passionately and influence community excitement around its mission through writing and speech.
- Flexibility to act as both a champion for Sights for Hope's fundraising and marketing functions and as a leader who appreciates the interconnectedness of all agency functions.
- Solid organizational abilities and a demonstrated ability to implement and execute multiple tasks and strategies.
- Skills and/or acumen with respect to website management and editing, photo and video production and editing, desktop publishing with software such as Adobe InDesign, and the design and editing of agency collateral.
- Understanding of or acumen with respect to financial strategies, metrics, and reports.
- Daily access to a vehicle or reliable transportation and ability to travel within the agency’s service area.
- Successful completion of a criminal background check and child abuse clearance, unless employed currently by the agency.
- Personal qualities of integrity, service, credibility, and commitment.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and at least two (2) pertinent writing samples with your application.
Equal Opportunity Employment
Sights for Hope is an equal opportunity employer in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and municipal laws. Its diversity and inclusion policy is available at SightsforHope.org/Mission.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $60,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Employees are encouraged to wear masks indoors, and mask use is required inside our low vision care centers. Remote work option also is available for this position.
- Fundraising: 3 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location