Boys & Girls Clubs of America named "One of the Best Nonprofits to Work for in 2017, 2018 and 2019" Indeed.com
Boys & Girls Clubs of America is the nation's premier youth development organization. Our programs, training and services impact nearly 4 million children and teens every year. We are always looking for qualified professionals with a passion for improving young lives, as a member of our national staff. We have strong values, embrace diversity and offer great benefits to allow our employees to maintain work/life balance.
LOCATION: This position is onsite, office-based in Atlanta, GA (hybrid model in 2022 with 2 days remote)
Under the supervision of the National Director, Strategic Implementation this role manages the administration of grant and program operations across the division. This role is responsible for building the processes and standard operating procedures for grant administration from kick-off to closing for all grants coming into the Youth Development portfolio. This role will work collaboratively across teams including Partnership & Growth, Resource Development, and Finance, to ensure that end-to-end our division’s priorities, workforce, and delivery schedule are all aligned with both existing funding and funding opportunities in the pipeline.
- Manages protocols for grant kick-off and closing periods in Youth Development
- Manage a database of deliverables for Youth Development aligned to existing funding opportunities
- Train the Youth Development team on business processes and procedures for grant kick-off, deliverable tracking, and closing.
- Work collaboratively with Youth Development team members to ensure deliverables are on track and on time
- Manage a calendar and schedule of deliverables for the Youth Development division to ensure proper workforce allocations and division planning
Management & Planning
- Partners with Partnerships & Growth to ensure a sustainable funding pipeline that:
- Monitors funding cliffs for Youth Development programs and priorities
- Supports planning processes in Youth Development to define funding priorities and programmatic needs
- Ensures clear lines of connection from our strategic priorities & funding opportunities to our programmatic approaches
- Partners with Financial Planning & Analysis to
- Serve as a key business partner to the Director Field Operations Financial Liaison to coordinate and support grants and projects related to the Youth Development division
- Monitor personnel allocations for the division and ensure optimal allocation for the Youth
- Monitors non-personnel budget & spending across grants for the division.
- Serve as a liaison with resource development account relationship directors to support project management and timely delivery of deliverables.
- Assesses and monitors priority projects, grant cycles, and deliverable timelines to address identified capacity and workforce needs and adjustments.
- Develops and implements processes to support the alignment of staff skills to priority and grant-based projects.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Strong background in program management or grant management is required
- Experience in operations is preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of experience
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent project management skills, with training and/or certification preferred
- Analytical thinker comfortable using data analysis to make decisions
- Demonstrated high standards of ethics and integrity
- Understanding of organization planning and budget management
- Strong interpersonal and human relations skills
- Exceptional organization skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft 365 Application suite Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Excel formulas and functions, with experience in Microsoft Power Platform preferred
- Ability to learn new technologies that support core functions of the position.
- High energy level, comfortable performing multi-faceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities.
- Superior interpersonal abilities. Ability to get along with diverse personalities at all times, displaying tact, maturity and flexibility.
- Good reasoning abilities and sound judgment.
ENVIRONMENTAL & WORKING CONDITIONS
- Normal internal working environment.
- Approximately 5% travel.