Face to Face Health and Counseling is a non-profit organization dedicated to meeting the needs of youth ages 11–24. We offer health care, counseling, and programs for homeless youth.
The Director of Programs serves on the agency Leadership Team and is responsible for helping achieve agency strategic goals through overseeing the integration of the comprehensive services across all areas of Face to Face programs. This position provides direct supervision to Medical Clinic, Homeless Youth Program, Mental Health and Evaluation and Impact Measurement program areas.
- Ensure that the work of the organization is effective (impactful) and evidence-based
- Work on consistent quality improvement of programs
- Ensure the high quality of programs to meet the youth needs
- Ensure data is available to reflect the work of the organization and to inform future practice-based evidence.
- Ensure goals are met on work plans according to the strategic direction of the organization
- Develop programs in response to community needs and based on internal capacity
- Ensure that program evaluation systems are created and maintained to meet the organization’s strategic goals and measure impact.
- Monitor the appropriate utilization of grants to meet program outcomes
- Monitor grant activities including assisting with implementation, reporting and monitoring of grant budgets in cooperation with program managers
- Attract, empower, train and retain a diverse staff able to provide culturally responsive programs
- Community engagement through serving on committees and task forces related to Face to Face programming
- Engage in individual transformation and systems change related to anti-racism and social justice work
- Create and maintain a strong collaborative culture within staff and teams
- Model behavior that is consistent with, and supportive of the mission and values of the organization
- Ensure all services are provided in light of the evidence-based principles for helping youth overcome homelessness; and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of five years administrative and supervisory experience required
- Experience in grant writing and grant management
- Program evaluation experience
- Senior level program development, strategic planning and system-based organization skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including superior meeting facilitation skills
- Ability to juggle an attention to detail with consistent focus on the bigger picture
- Flexible and adaptable to a fluid work environment.
- Ability to work sensitively and effectively with adolescent clients from every socio-economic and ethnic group represented in our community
- The ability to work independently, exercising good judgment in involving others when necessary
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Ability to perform the duties outlined in the job description.
- Face to Face is subject to the government mandate requiring employee COVID vaccination and/or weekly testing. All employees will be required to get vaccinated or submit to weekly COVID testing.
Appropriate accommodations for physical demands will be made for individuals with disabilities.
Face to Face offers benefits which include health, dental, short-term disability, long-term disability, life insurance, 403b account as well as generous PTO and paid holidays.
Face to Face is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Diverse groups, including persons of color, people with disabilities, and the LGBTQ community are encouraged to apply. Former clients encouraged to apply.