VP of Communications & Public Affairs
DIRECT REPORTS: Directors of External Affairs, AZYF Director
The VP of External Affairs & Business Partnerships (VPEABD) is responsible for leading integrated strategic initiatives, managing external community and government relationships and overseeing BGC Arizona Alliance.
The VPEABD is responsible for building strong relationships internally with staff and leaders throughout BGCAZ and externally with partner organizations, local and national legislative representatives, municipalities and school districts and business leaders. Will be responsible for driving the expansion and the enrichment of BGCAZ’s programs by supporting and driving its fundraising strategy, representing BGCAZ to external audiences and engaging a broad spectrum of funder and community leaders in BGCAZ’s mission. As part of the Senior Leadership Team, the VPEZBD uses a variety of systems and tools to help the organization solve complex problems, leverage business acumen, strategy and data to help steer conversations and decision making across the organization.
- Owns senior level partnerships at the federal level and with public municipalities, school districts, collective impact groups, business leaders and public officials, ensuring the Club is connected to the Greater Phoenix and statewide youth community.
- Serves as Director of the Boys & Girls Clubs Arizona Alliance
- Collaborates with SLT to identify opportunities for leadership collaboration to create better alignment, internal and external coordination and unified approach to our community and partnerships, advocacy strategies and growth plan
- Works closely with the CEO to represent the organization’s voice as needed. Serves as a conduit by leveraging the management of major projects, reducing roadblocks, increasing impacts and accelerating progress
- Partners with the leadership team to manage organization KPIs to ensure alignment with strategic plan initiatives
- Manages and develops Externa Affairs team and AZYouthforce business relationships and director.
- Performs analysis and strategic consultations on major issues affecting the organization; participates as a leader or member of a variety of committees and cross-functional task forces
- Manages activities related to identification of new funding grants, evaluating grant projects and supports the management of grants/funds
- Identifies opportunities to engage board on strategic issues and follows up with board members as needed
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE, LICENSURE and CERTIFICATION
- Must possess a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in Business, Communications, Political Science or related field
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in a leadership capacity with proven success in effectively interacting with internal and external stakeholders
- Must have and maintain a valid Arizona driver’s license
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITY and SKILLS
- Ability to analyze and report on government/community funding and trends
- Ability to build relationships and influence others by interacting with a broad range of stakeholders with different interests and needs
- Must possess an entrepreneurial work style and have the ability to step “outside of the walls” to drive innovative thinking
- Ability to interact effectively and communicate in writing and orally with a variety of youth, staff, volunteers, families, Board members and various community members
- Working knowledge of federal and state laws and company policies and procedures.
- Proficient skills in the use of Microsoft Office software, including Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Ability to articulate for giving, serve as an ambassador, engage in relationship building and promote philanthropy
- Ability to support the efficiency of Volunteers and future workforce needs to support volunteer program operation