For over a century, the National Council of Jewish Women (NCJW) has been at the forefront of social change, championing the needs of women, children, and families while taking a progressive stance on such issues as reproductive rights and justice, voter engagement, the federal courts, and civil rights.
NCJW seeks an Associate Director of Individual Giving and Engagement who is responsible for defining NCJW's individual giving programs, engaging and retaining existing donors, compelling new donors to join a committed community of supporters, and deepening donor commitment over time.
The position can work under a hybrid working model, generally expected to report to the DC office weekly (with some exceptions).
- Build on NCJW's current foundation of committed individual donors and leverage a highly engaged Board of Directors to identify and cultivate a portfolio of individual donors.
- Identify, cultivate, and build a pipeline of new donors and oversee research and networking to drive pipeline creation.
- Engage in independent donor cultivation and solicitations as well as work with the Director Development, CEO, and others to engage in this work. This will include engagement with members of NCJW's Board of Directors and other existing donors and stakeholders to leverage their networks.
- Create tailored pitches based on deep understanding of our donors, including verbal presentations and materials focused on NCJW's work and impact.
- Oversee NCJW's direct response program, including direct mail and online fundraising program to maximize donor entry points.
- Work with the Director of Development and NCJW's Marketing and Communications team to revitalize NCJW's Legacy Program.
- Work with NCJW's Marketing and Communications team to create a regular cadence of high-quality funder and prospect engagement and communications that aligns with and leverages other external communications and engagement with NCJW's stakeholders.
- Contribute content and participate as needed in Board of Directors and Development Committee meetings.
- Ability to travel an average of 30% of the time as required for purpose of attending donor meetings, events and related business needs.
- Demonstrated major gifts experience within a nonprofit organization, educational institution, or other environment of similar complexity
- A track record of successfully building a major gifts strategy and growing major gifts revenue or proven comparable skills
- Experience managing a large donor portfolio
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing a donor engagement strategy
- Strong interpersonal skills, both in person and over the phone
- Strong organizational skills
About the Successful Candidate
This individual must be an excellent relationship builder and fundraiser with a proven track record of soliciting, closing, and stewarding large multi-year gifts. The individual must be a team player with a willingness to adapt to new and evolving organizational and funding priorities Ability to travel an average of 30% of the time as required for purpose of attending donor meetings, events and related business needs. Possess the commitment to the values of diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging and passion for social justice and the organization's greater mission.
All candidates must be up to date with COVID vaccinations as defined by the CDC
Salary and Benefits
Salary range is $80,000 - $110,000. Comprehensive benefits package includes health and dental insurance and a generous vacation and holiday schedule.
NCJW IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
At NCJW, we are committed to creating a culture of inclusion and accountability. We honor the wisdom, insights, perspectives, and experiences of diverse viewpoints, and recognize that many critical voices have been underrepresented in Jewish organizational life and nonprofit organizations as a whole for too long. We welcome applications from people of diverse religious, spiritual, and cultural backgrounds.
We are an equal opportunity employer and recruit, hire, train, promote, compensate, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, culture, age, creed, disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, or any other protected status.
Interested candidates should submit cover letter and resume.
We thank you for your interest in career opportunities with NCJW. Due to high volume, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.