Year Round Program Director
Status: Full Time
Salary: $36,000 - $40,000
Reports to: Senior Program Directors
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Program Coordinators are heavily involved in the day-to-day program delivery in all of our program modes by leading program facilitators (coaching, scheduling, challenging, empowering), driving innovation, supporting a culture of safety, and providing at-the-scene oversight of experiences for campers in all of our program modes including Summer Camp and School Year Programs.
- Bring staff together, coach, and build skills in staff to accomplish shared goals and program outcomes; is trusted and empowered to assign tasks to all levels of staff and expect completion.
- Responsible for hosting dynamic experiences in all program modes; influencing program goals; leading design teams for camper experiences across all program modes; friendraising; recruiting and stewarding new campers/groups and donors.
- Operational responsibilities include but are not limited to: organizational safety (managing lifeguards/belayers/trip-leaders, design for safety, establishing protocols); assurance of experience quality for entire groups (not just a few campers); growth of program facilitators and program support staff; meeting ACA and other standards related to experience delivery.
- Supports all program modes in the following ways, directed by the Senior Program Directors: school meetings; staff and school/group scheduling; new experience development; volunteer recruitment/projects; summer planning/design; facilitator recruitment; summer staff recruitment; international participant organization; hosting and leading camper groups.
- Models Camp Fitch Core Values: Empathy (Listen First), Growth Mindset, Vulnerability, and Servant Leadership.
- Models relationship-building skills in all interactions. Responds to all participants and community inquiries and complaints in timely manner.
SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS RELATED TO SUMMER PROGRAMS:
- Leads the development, implementation, and evaluation of program activities: Ropes, Voyages, Evening Programs, and Hub Activities.
- Leads scheduling of program staff needed to execute summer and school year programs.
- Leads the development of program staff needed to execute year-round activities.
- Leads the maintenance of supplies and equipment related to year-round programs through purchase, repair, and inventory monitoring.
- Leads the development of existing and new programs.
- Works with Senior Program Director to assure that experiences meet relevant internal and external standards (quality, safety, mission-alignment, innovation).
- Serves year-round programming through leading groups, innovating and developing program, teaching and leading activities, and logistical support.
Mission Advancement : Reinforces the Ys values within the organization and the community. Effectively communicates the benefits and impact of the YMCAs efforts for all stakeholders. Implements effective systems to develop volunteers at program, fundraising, and policy leadership levels. Secures resources and support for all philanthropic endeavors.
Collaboration : Develops strategies to ensure staff and volunteers reflect the community. Builds
and nurtures strategic relationships to enhance support for the YMCA. Serves as a community
leader building collaborations based on trust and credibility to advance YMCA mission and goals. Communicates for influence to attain buy-in and support of goals. Provides tools and resources
for the development of others.
Operational Effectiveness: Integrates multiple thinking processes to make decisions. Involves members and community in the development of programs and activities. Ensures execution of plans. Institutes sound accounting procedures, investment policies and financial controls. Assigns clear accountability and ensures continuous improvement.
Personal Growth : Fosters a learning environment embracing diverse abilities and approaches. Creates a sense of urgency and positive tension to support change. Anticipates challenges that can sidetrack or derail growth and personal learning. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
- Bachelor's degree or significant and related life experience.
- Two years of experience in resident camping or related work serving youth.
- Personal commitment to servant leadership and core YMCA values.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments
of the community.
- Attain required training within 90 days, CPR/O2/FA, New Staff Orientation, Child Abuse Prevention, Blood Borne Pathogens.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands of the job, that include (but are not limited to) being on your feet and walking for long periods of time on uneven terrain in all weather conditions (hot sun, ice and snow, rain, wind), must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a computer for extended periods of time and be able to communicate using a computer and phone/smart device.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate with periods of high noise and auditory chaos.