The Project Assistant is responsible for providing support to the grants system implementation team. This is a fixed-term position, to be completed once the full system has been deployed (estimated deployment is summer/fall 2023). This position involves basic platform configuration and rigorous system testing, so attention to detail is critical.
Assists with implementation of a new grants management system, including, but not limited to:
- Conduct system testing while supporting staff during user acceptance testing (UAT) periods. Responsibilities include:
- Maintenance of test case scenarios
- System testing after each sprint is configured
- Organization of remediation requests
- Assist in the implementation of basic configuration (creation of fields, transferring copy-edited content into the system, and creation of tool tips, instructions, etc.).
- Document key decisions during team meetings.
- Assist with meeting logistics and scheduling.
- Assist project team with stakeholder training. Responsibilities include:
- Support of remote training workshops
- Assist in the development of training materials and standard operating procedures
- Maintain electronic manuals and training videos
- Assist System Administrator in the configuration of WalkMe solutions.
- Provide customer service support and troubleshooting assistance for internal and external system users.
- Assist with data migration efforts.
- Grants management or administrative experience appreciated
- Knowledge of proposalCENTRAL and/or SmartSimple award management system a plus
- Knowledge of WalkMe strongly preferred
- Knowledge of product and software development techniques and agile methodologies a strong bonus
Related Skills & Other Requirements
- Remarkable attention to detail and task follow-through
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to proactively anticipate needs
- Superb interpersonal skills - must be able to work well with and adapt to diverse personalities and communications styles
- Ability to complete multiple tasks with competing deadlines and priorities
- Team player with respect for others and ability to work independently
- Interest in new technologies and new media
- Enthusiasm for and the ability to easily adapt to change
- Exceptional Excel and PowerPoint skills
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
- Please submit a resume and cover letter stating your interest in the position.
The Simons Foundation's Diversity Commitment
Many of the greatest ideas and discoveries come from a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds and experiences, and we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment.The Simons Foundation actively seeks a diverse applicant pool and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.We provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic disposition, neurodiversity, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category under federal, state and local law.