Non-Profit Accountant – QuickBooks
($25 - $28/hr. DOE)
We are a nonprofit affordable housing and community development organization based in Seattle’s Chinatown/International District (CID). Since 1969 Interim CDA provides multilingual, culturally competent housing and community building services to those disenfranchised due to lack of English, low acculturation, and poverty.
Presently looking for an accountant with QuickBooks knowledge and good communication skills to join our accounting team.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Manage the accounting cycle and provide full charge bookkeeping and financial reporting, including general ledger, accounts receivable, accounts payable and payroll.
- Process payroll and makes deposits.
- Prepare payroll tax returns including federal returns and state withholding and unemployment returns.
- Perform banking duties including check deposits, receipts, and reporting.
- In charge of accounts payable, manage requests and solve discrepancies, tracking due dates, clearly communicating timelines, and supporting cash flow operations.
- Compile financial information for month-end and year-end close.
- Prepare journal entries end ensure that the general ledger activity is accurate and complete.
- Maintain the personnel files up to date, manage time off requests.
- Assist with applicable audits and third-party requests, this includes the review of the financial statements, supporting documentation.
- Perform other related duties and support the directors, staff in the day-to-day activities.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Associates Degree in Accounting or Business and a minimum of 3+ years of accounting related experience.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, nonprofit fund accounting and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel), QuickBooks.
Skills and Requirements:
- Ability to communicate clearly with a variety of people, excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to balance multiple projects, organize and prioritize work.
- Strong attention to detail with a focus on accuracy.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Effective in working with a diverse and multicultural team of colleagues and customers.
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance.
- FSA, 403B retirement plan.
- Paid time off.
- Hourly position, Monday to Friday from 9am to 5 pm.
- We are working on a hybrid schedule. The remote schedule is at the discretion of the direct supervisor and adjusted to the workload and the specific of the duties.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $25.00 - $28.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Seattle, WA 98104: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Seattle, WA 98104